Why Adopt From A Rescue
When you adopt a dog you save a life! There are so many wonderful adoptable dogs that are needlessly euthanized every year in overcrowded shelters due to pet overpopulation – by adopting a dog, instead of purchasing from a backyard breeder or an online pet store, you are saving a life! At Blessed Paws Animal Rescue, we pride ourselves on matchmaking potential adopters with a dog suited to a family’s environment, activity level, household, and more. We want to ensure that every dog in our rescue goes to a well-matched home. Our dogs undergo behavioral evaluations in foster homes, which allow us to learn about the dog’s personality and compatibility, and ensure a good match for the dog and the adopter. Fosters are vested in a good placement for the dog and they are a great resource for finding your forever companion!
- Inquire about the availability of a dog in our care.
- Complete an adoption application.
- We review the application
- Home visit (required)
- Meet-and-greet with dog.
- The adopters sign an adoption contract, pay adoption fee
- Welcome your new family member!
- Take adoption picture
- Adoption picture post to website